Here you will find a list of some bacterial infectious dog diseases we already have detailed information on some of these diseases and we will continuously be adding more dog diseases to the database. It is important that you know about these diseases to maintain the health of your dog, to know symptoms and treatments for these common dog diseases.
- Brucellosis a sexually transmitted bacterial dog disease that can cause uveitis, abortion, and orchitis in dogs.
- Leptospirosis is an infectious disease caused by a spirochaete. Symptoms of this disease are liver and kidney failure and vasculitis.
- Lyme disease is a bacterial dog disease caused by Borrelia burgdorferi, a spirochaete, and spread by ticks. Symptoms of lyme disease in dogs include acute arthritis, anorexia, and lethargy. There is no rash as is typically seen in humans suffering from lyme disease.
- Ehrlichiosis is a disease caused by Ehrlichia canis and spread by the brown dog tick, Rhipicephalus sanguineous. symptoms of this disease include fever, vasculitis, and low blood counts.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a rickettsial disease that occurs in dogs and humans. It is caused by Rickettsia rickettsii and spread by ticks. symptoms are similar to human form of this disease,they including anorexia, fever, and thrombocytopenia.
- Clostridium species are a potential cause of diarrhea in dogs. Associated species include C. perfringens and C. difficile.
- Kennel cough is an infectious respiratory disease which can be caused by one of several viruses or by Bordetella bronchiseptica. It most commonly occurs in dogs in close confinement such as kennels.